The Contracts and Procurement department is the centralized procurement department for the San Mateo County Transit District (District), Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (JPB) and San Mateo County Transportation Authority (TA). The department is responsible for procuring all goods, materials, equipment and services required to meet the operational needs of all three agencies. The District’s procurement practices, which are also adhered to by the JPB and TA, reflect a commitment to the fundamental principles of ethical procurement as follows:
- Foster maximum open and free competition for District Contracts;
- Promote the greatest economy and efficiency in District procurements;
- Ensure adherence to proper standards of conduct by District board members, officers and employees;
- Maintain procurement policies and procedures that guarantee compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Establish and maintain an arm's length relationship with all Contractors;
- Treat all prospective Contractors, Consultants, and vendors, including Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (“DBEs”) and small businesses, in an equal and equitable manner; and
- Provide guidance for remedy and resolution of contract claims or disputes.
You can reach Contracts & Procurement at (650) 508-6270 or by email at email@example.com
The San Mateo County Transit District is a political subdivision of the State of California, organized pursuant to California Public Utilities Code, Sections 103000 et seq. Policies and procedures governing procurement of supplies, equipment, materials, services and construction are derived from the District’s enabling legislation, the California Public Contract Code, rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors, and federal law. More information can be found in the District’s procurement policy (PDF).