The staff of San Mateo County Transit District’s Contract and Procurement Department welcomes your interest in doing business with us. Staff is available to assist you with contracting related questions. You can reach Contracts & Procurement at (650) 508-6270 or by email at email@example.com or see a staff directory.
We provide professional, value-added procurement and contract management services using consistent, effective, and innovative processes that result in continuous improvement and customer satisfaction while maintaining public trust.
The District’s procurement practices, which are also adhered to by the JPB and TA, reflect a commitment to the fundamental principles of ethical procurement as follows:
- Foster maximum open and free competition for District Contracts;
- Promote the greatest economy and efficiency in District procurements;
- Ensure adherence to proper standards of conduct by District board members, officers and employees;
- Maintain procurement policies and procedures that guarantee compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Establish and maintain an arm's length relationship with all Contractors;
- Treat all prospective Contractors, Consultants, and vendors, including Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (“DBEs”) and small businesses, in an equal and equitable manner; and
- Provide guidance for remedy and resolution of contract claims or disputes.
The San Mateo County Transit District is a political subdivision of the State of California, organized pursuant to California Public Utilities Code, Sections 103000 et seq. Policies and procedures governing procurement of supplies, equipment, materials, services and construction are derived from the District’s enabling legislation, the California Public Contract Code, rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors, and federal law. More information can be found in the District’s procurement policy (PDF).
See what other vendors think about doing business with the District: Survey Results.